Project Coordinator/Jr Project ManagerPermanent posted 2 weeks ago
Merit Services is looking for a candidate who can organize, plan and implement projects and support engineering operations.
• Plans, supervises, and coordinates engineering design projects including the work of subcontractors on various projects.
• Works with the Project Engineer and Discipline Leads to identify and organize the project team and assign tasks toward project execution.
• Develops work breakdown structures, network diagrams, project schedules, and cost estimates.
• Identifies project risks and prioritizes risks that are likely to affect the project outcome and designs strategies to manage and mitigate those risks.
• Maintains daily log of project activities including engineering personnel and if assigned to a project site shall include all trades and number of personnel/trades, description of work, weather, and safety hazards or issues.
• Supports cost control, proper coding, and managing a project within budget.
• Prepares earned value analysis, and cost and schedule performance reports.
• Responsible for sharing information from the project owner to the team. Reports any challenges or issues with project plans and makes recommendations on program plans, objectives, priorities, and timing.
• Establishes with clients and team members appropriate procedures to capture and deal with changes in the original project plan
• Approves significant changes in specifications and plans, work techniques, and materials.
• Assesses work against standards, objectives, and specifications and suggests strategies to achieve project goals.
• Establishes effective working relations with engineers/specialists, associates, and officials in government and other associations on technical and project matters.
• Is required to have a good knowledge of company organization, directives, programs, standards, and administrative procedures.
• Uses initiative and judgment in analyzing problems, selecting critical factors for investigation, deciding on the most effective approach, organizing, conducting investigations, and devising experiments to provide data or other information.
• Assists with the maintenance of safety on site, is responsible for the proper administration of construction contracts, and for ensuring all necessary permits and licenses are in place.
• Makes responsible decisions on all matters under the area of responsibility including the implementation of existing policies, the administration of budgets, and staff planning.
• Reviews and evaluates technical work. Provides technical and administrative direction to
subordinate staff and support to senior professionals.
• Post Secondary Diploma or Degree in Engineering or Business is required
• 2+ years experience as Project Coordinator / Project Manager in the Mining / Heavy Civil industry. PMP designation is beneficial but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and MS Project or Primavera P6) and computer applications for Engineering.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to think critically and effectively problem solve under pressure.
• Ability to multitask and manage performance with a fluctuating workload.
• Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies and to work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a high-volume environment.
• Excellent client service skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Valid Driver’s License.