IT Compliance OfficerFull Time posted 1 month ago
Merit Services is seeking an IT Compliance Officer to join our client’s dynamic team. As an IT Compliance Officer requires using your technical knowledge, ability to solve problems and focus on customer support to effectively handle and solve IT problems promptly. This presents an exhilarating chance to serve as the initial touchpoint for IT assistance, making a significant contribution to our organization’s efficiency and triumph.
- Create and execute IT compliance policies, practices, and measures that align with regulatory demands and industry norms.
- Perform regular reviews and evaluations to measure the efficiency of IT controls and pinpoint opportunities for enhancement.
- Monitor and keep tabs on conformity with relevant laws, regulations, and contractual commitments, guaranteeing prompt resolution of any problems.
- Work together with internal teams to ensure that IT systems and processes are created and executed in a manner that prioritizes compliance.
- Keep up-to-date with changing rules and trends in regulations and the industry in order to suggest and implement essential modifications to ensure adherence.
- Perform evaluations of risk and recognize possible weaknesses or hazards to the company’s information technology framework and data.
- Effectively guide and assist employees in matters pertaining to compliance, fostering a culture of adherence to policies within the organization.
- Work together with external auditors, regulatory entities, and third-party vendors during the process of compliance audits and assessments.
- Get ready and present reports to higher-ups and interested parties concerning the current state of IT compliance, any discoveries, and suggestions.
- Assist in the advancement and implementation of IT compliance training initiatives tailored for staff members.
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree in either Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related area.
- Demonstrated expertise in the position of an IT Compliance Officer, IT Auditor, or a comparable role.
- A high level of understanding in IT compliance frameworks, like ISO 27001, NIST, or COBIT, is required.
- Having a good understanding of the appropriate regulations, such as GDPR, PIPEDA, or HIPAA.
- Smartly paraphrased: Proficient in overseeing compliance audits, evaluating risks, and creating effective control measures.
- A comprehensive grasp of the principles and implementation of IT governance.
- The individual possesses exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, displaying a keen focus on detail.
- Possessing excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, capable of adeptly conveying intricate compliance issues to individuals without a technical background.
- The capability to be efficient both individually and as part of a team in a high-speed setting.
- It is preferable for individuals to have relevant certifications such as CISA or CRISC in the fields of information systems auditing and risk control.
- Salary offered will be competitive and will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- A complete package of healthcare and dental benefits.
- Employer contributions included in retirement savings plan.
- Vacation and time off with pay.
- Chances to enhance professional skills and advance career within the organization.
- A work setting that prioritizes collaboration and inclusivity.