MillwrightFull Time posted 3 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Millwright for our client. The incumbent should have basic knowledge of all rotating and reciprocating equipment types, including pumps, compressors, steam turbines, fans, blowers, gearboxes, etc.
• Install and repair a variety of rotating equipment, including pumps, compressors, steam turbines, fans, blowers, gearboxes, etc.
• Troubleshoot equipment failures and repairs.
• Implement preventative and predictive programs/assignments for mechanical systems.
• Participate in failure analysis discussions.
• Experienced using shop equipment including Lathes, Milling machines, and drill presses.
• Maintain equipment histories as required.
• Plan jobs, including assessment, selection of material, etc.
• Work effectively in a flexible team environment and communicate clearly with all others.
• Assist other trades Maintenance Technicians as required Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time.in their sole and complete discretion.
• Previous experience in the trade in a related industrial setting would be an asset.
• Certificate of Qualification for Millwright required.
• Red Seal Certificate of Qualification has preferred.
• Strong safety performance
• Strong analytical/troubleshooting/decision-making skills
• Good experience in operation of shop equipment including lathes, vertical milling machine, radial drill, balancing machine, and other shop tools and equipment as required.
• Ability to repair equipment back to OEM standards