Long Term Care, Nurse PractitionerPermanent posted 1 month ago
Merit Services is looking for an experienced Nurse Practitioner for our client. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients in our long-term care facility, collaborating with the healthcare team, and promoting resident-centered care and practices.
- Carry out a comprehensive health assessment to identify and diagnose health problems and develop an appropriate care plan.
- Work with our nursing team of doctors, nurses, social workers, and physical therapists to provide high-quality care to our residents.
- Prescribing medications and treatments within the practice and per regulatory policies and guidelines.
- Educate and support residents, families, and health professionals in health management, prevention, and promotion.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably in long-term care or geriatric nursing.
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in geriatric health issues and long-term care regulations and policies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with residents, families, and healthcare providers.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.