Laboratory Technologist – Gasket AnalysisPermanent posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist for our client. The chosen candidate will be in charge of analyzing and evaluating gaskets with specific tools and methods. They will also write thorough reports and inform clients and other team members of their findings.
- Perform metallurgical, mechanical, and visual analysis and testing to support laboratory operations daily for the development of automotive components and/or new processes.
- Utilize internal resources to carry out sample preparation and experimental testing.
- Write laboratory reports and compile data for process and product investigations by collecting samples and assembling data sets.
- Provide prompt laboratory assistance for activities such as product development, material and process research, and problem solutions.
- In addition to providing support for lab equipment maintenance and adherence to H&S and Quality standards, deliver for timely/rapid response time for lab requests.
- College diploma in a related field, in metallurgy/mechanical field.
- Recent graduate, one to two years’ experience preferred, in the automotive industry. Working knowledge of metallurgical and mechanical testing methods are important assets.
- Familiarity with automotive QS requirements, microscopes and measurement techniques will be an asset.
- Must be self-motivated, detailed orientated, results orientated, and able to deliver multiple project activities in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong communication and customer-support skills, and proven ability to organize and document experimental conditions and results.
- The salary offered will be competitive and will depend on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- The health and dental benefits package is comprehensive.
- A retirement savings plan that includes contributions from the employer.
- Compensated time off and individual absence.
- Possibilities for enhancing professional skills and advancing one’s career within the organization.
- An environment that encourages collaboration and inclusiveness in the workplace.