Construction TechnicianPart Time posted 4 weeks ago
Join our client’s team in Ottawa as a Construction Technician. As a Construction Technician will interpret blueprints, maps, and technical manuals while adhering to safety regulations. We require a skilled individual with expertise in construction techniques, materials, and methods. Operating and maintaining construction equipment and tools is also necessary. Apply today if you have problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and work well in a team environment.
- Hand tools and equipment such as wrenches, drills, ladders, saws, and lashers are safely utilized for the installation and maintenance of communication cables.
- Safety perimeters with signs, cones, and barriers are set up to ensure the safety of the crew and the public, and traffic is directed if necessary.
- Separation and clearance rules are understood to ensure the safety of all personnel working in the vicinity of communication cables.
- Work is completed to the required standards with regular safety inspections and risk assessments conducted to identify potential hazards.
- Collaboration with team members is necessary to ensure efficient and effective project completion.
- Accurate records of project progress are maintained, and paperwork is completed on time.
- A willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Physical fitness and the ability to work in different locations and at heights are required.
- Willingness to travel to work on projects in various locations.
- Recommended but not necessary certifications in NICET and/or ACI.
- You must have a valid drivers license and vehicle.
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- Paid Sick Days: Get the time off.
- Performance Bonus: We believe in rewarding exceptional performance and offer a performance bonus program.
- Our wellness program promotes healthy living and mental wellness, with resources for physical fitness, mental health, and work-life balance.