Superintendent Civil ConstructionPermanent posted 1 month ago
Merit Services is currently hiring a highly skilled Superintendent for Civil Construction to join our client’s team in Midtown. As a Superintendent for Civil Construction, you will play a crucial role in tracking all phases of the project, including budgeting and scheduling, to ensure its successful completion. Your exceptional skills in project management and attention to detail will be key to managing and leading the construction team effectively, and ensuring that the project stays on schedule, within budget, and meets the highest quality standards. If you’re a highly motivated and experienced Superintendent for Civil Construction, apply today for this exciting opportunity to join our team in Midtown!
- Oversee the Company Safety program and ensure subcontractor adherence to safety rules.
- Identify and address design flaws, scheduling issues, and other project-specific problems.
- Notify material suppliers and subcontractors in advance to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all stakeholders, including clients, subcontractors, and local government.
- Keep project documents in-house and maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Inspire peers and subordinates to deliver their best work and take responsibility for your actions.
- Knowledge of building practices, materials, and regulations, as well as a working understanding of design and specifications.
- Ability to interpret engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings, and to manage multiple tasks while assessing and solving problems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to build and maintain relationships with clients, subcontractors, and crew members.
- Compliance with corporate health and safety policies and required OSHA training, with a thorough understanding of the Northway Construction Health and Safety Manual.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5-8 years of construction management or supervision experience is preferred.
- Gold Seal accreditation for Construction Supervisors is a plus.
- Proficiency in relevant applications such as Blue Beam, Microsoft Project, or Microsoft Office.
- A strong desire to learn and stay up-to-date with new industry developments.
- Paid sick days to ensure that you can take care of your health and well-being.
- Retirement planning to help you prepare for your future and achieve financial security.
- Dental and vision insurance to support your overall health and wellness needs.
Contact us today to explore new opportunities, or connect with us on LinkedIn for the latest updates.