Solid Waste Collection Operator (DZ Licence)
- Contract Full Time
- View on Map
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted : September 22, 2022 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $29.87 - $29.87 / per hour
- View(s) 691
Job ID 13458
Merit Services is looking to hire Solid Waste Collection Operator with DZ license.
‣ Operates a wide variety of collection vehicles and equipment independently or with a crew member.
‣ Moves carts/bags to the truck and uses appropriate mechanisms to dump or manually lift onto the truck.
‣ Operates mechanical equipment attached to vehicles/equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
‣ Lifts and loads garbage, recyclable materials, organics, organic yard waste, and special pick-up items such as household appliances, discarded furniture, wood, carpet, and electronics.
‣ Places empty carts and containers back to the set-out location in a tidy manner.
‣ Assists operator by signaling vehicle which is being maneuvered or backed up when on a two-person crew.
‣ Drives vehicle to designated disposal facilities and unloads all materials in accordance with requirements of the facility operator.
‣ Performs Daily Pre-Trip Inspection Report (Circle Check); identifies and reports vehicle and equipment malfunctions; maintains vehicle and equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
‣ Completes reports (e.g., Driver’s Collision/Incident Report) related to assigned duties and responsibilities.
‣ Operates 2-way radio or mobile phone.
‣ Performs other duties at this wage grade level or lower such as laboring type duties, maintenance, and cleaning activities when not operating assigned vehicle or equipment.
‣ Performs work in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner.
‣ Must possess and maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “D” Driver’s License with “Z” endorsement and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements.
‣ Must be familiar with requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations for the safe performance of his/her duties and responsibilities or capable of obtaining familiarity of same.
‣ Must possess and be able to maintain as appropriate, any valid Province of Ontario requirements to operate mechanized equipment.
‣ Good driving record and familiarity with the location of major city streets.
‣ May be required to do shift work in conformance with the Collective Agreement.
‣ Ability to use or learn to use various technical devices related to the position.
‣ Ability to deal courteously with the public
‣ Ability to communicate in relation to their job duties.