Senior Technical WriterPermanent posted 3 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Senior Technical Writer for our client. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge and can research and analyze engineering documentation.
• Researches, analyzes, authors, and edits technical documentation (text and diagrams) in compliance with client requirements, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
• The documentation may be procedural or engineering-focused and is used in the safe design, construction, and operation of energy infrastructure and systems collaborates with clients [e.g., engineers, technical subject matter experts (SMEs)] to resolve issues, clarify content, and extract necessary information according to schedule.
• Designs information for conciseness, accuracy, effectiveness and eliminates non-essential content
• Participates in customer reviews of authored content and makes requested updates promptly.
• Participates in regular team meetings to share knowledge and ensure consistency within the documentation suite.
• Mentors and provides training to other technical writers; helps onboard new writers.
• Promotes documentation best practices, including single sourcing, to reduce duplication of effort and delivery.
• Assists with reviews of documents and adheres to Quality Assurance practices before distributing information assets to the clients.
• Can understand complex processes and express them in clear language at the level of the intended audience.
• Demonstrates structured writing competencies.
• Knowledge of basic Oil and Gas industry processes and terminology.
• Research skills: knows how to find the required information.
• Strong analysis and critical-thinking skills: distinguish between necessary and irrelevant information; includes only what is needed.
• Strong logic and organizational skills: understand document flow and organizes content; accordingly, recognize and fill gaps in content.
• Detail-oriented: accurately transcribes specification requirements and associated regulations and standards following provided style and formatting conventions.
• Familiarity with energy-industry regulations and standards.
• Capability to create Visio process flow and process control diagrams.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in Technical Writing, Education, English, Engineering, Journalism (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum 7 years of technical writing experience.
• Minimum 3 years experience in designing and developing documentation for the Oil and Gas industry.
• Has experience working collaboratively with remote team members and leveraging technologies to do so effectively
• Proficient in a Microsoft Word authoring environment and SharePoint.
• Desired Familiarity with DITA XML and
• DITA authoring software.