Packaging OperatorFull Time posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is seeking an experienced Packaging Operator for our client. Successful candidates will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of production equipment.
- Operation and maintenance of production equipment and area modifications according to GMP, safety and quality standards.
- Perform all packaging/process activities.
- Operate, maintain, and adjust process equipment according to established procedures.
- Lead the mechanical changeover of equipment according to established procedures.
- Participate in the preparation and completion of all documentation applicable to the production.
- Clean equipment, rooms, and general areas for production use.
- Write and/or revise SOPs for new equipment and/or processes.
- Perform related computer tasks: SAP PIMMS, YuDoo.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Participate in quality and customer complaint investigations.
- Lead process improvement initiatives.
- Participate in process improvements and SMED.
- Trouble-shoot equipment and process-related issues.
- Work in other Manufacturing/Packaging areas as required.
- Knowledge of production packaging processes and equipment demonstrated through performance.
- Proven Technical Competency.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP production transactions or similar operation systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-managed team player, experienced in working with teams in a production environment.
- Highly motivated, conscientious, innovative, and creative.
- Computer skills i.e., Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to use and understand automation solutions such as eBRS, Free Weigh, etc
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.