High-Pressure LaborerFull Time posted 2 months ago
Summary: Merit Services is looking to hire High-Pressure Laborers. Join our dynamic team and play a vital role in ensuring the efficiency and safety of high-pressure operations.
- Assist the Operator with the setup and control hoses attached to the pumps to ensure the safe and effective pumping of water
- Troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on High-Pressure Equipment and Tools
- Support the High-Pressure Operator with pre and post-trip inspections
- Assist with job site preparation and ensure equipment is functioning
- Assist with the safe operation of various Vacuum, Streamer, or Combo units
- Participate in job site preparation, including the rigging in/out of equipment
- Contribute to the completion of all required paperwork
- Spot the safe positioning of equipment
- Ensure all equipment and tooling is cleaned and stored in appropriate units
- Execute general labour duties on job sites and in the shop, which include but not limited to truck clean, equipment packing, preparation for mobilization and demobilization, and debris removal from job sites
- Partake in Field Level Risk Assessments
- Responsible for the safe operation of the equipment
- Maintain Health and Safety as the number one goal by following policies, processes
- Ensure that all tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Supply a safe and effective service to our client’s Experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with High-Pressure Water Blasting Equipment
- Class 5 license is an asset
- Working knowledge of High-Pressure Pumps and Tools
- Previous experience working in various environments (i.e. confined space, heights, noisy and various and extreme weather conditions); Industrial pulp and paper and/or oil and gas experience is also an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Willing and able to travel, sometimes to remote areas
- Eager to learn new skills
- Willingness to take direction and work effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to multitask and adapt to new working environments Working Conditions
- Willingness to participate in nightshifts and overtime is a requirement
- Ability to work in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time
- Comfortable wearing respirators/SCBA and make confined space entries
- Competitive hourly wage with potential for performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental coverage.
- Opportunities for skill development and career advancement within the company.