Heavy Duty MechanicContract posted 4 months ago
Merit Services is seeking an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic for our client. The perfect candidate will have the standard educational background and enough experience to understand and perform automotive diagnosis.
- Inspect trucks for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnosing deficiencies or glitches utilizing computerized and other testing gear to decide the degree of repair required.
- Adjust gear and repair or replace inadequate parts, components or frameworks utilizing hand and power tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other scheduled maintenance work on equipment.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or defective hardware to management.
- High School diploma is required.
- Diploma of Professional Studies in heavy mechanic/diesel mechanic is preferred, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy diesel equipment, or equivalent.
- 3 years experience of which must have specifically involved the repair of trucks or other heavy automotive equipment, or equivalent.
- Proven work experience as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to lift heavy machinery.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment
- Ability to work after-hours if require
- Good communication skills.
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification, an asset (inter-provincial seal preferred).
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Ownership of a valid Driver’s License is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the construction, design, assembly, and maintenance of a wide variety of special-purpose heavy hardware.