Financial Analyst – Metals and MiningFull Time posted 2 weeks ago
Merit Services is looking for a candidate with an in-depth understanding of finance and profitability assessment.
• Financial analysis, including building financial models and/or reviewing company-created financial models and performing debt-sizing analysis and downside sensitivities.
• Processing client requests (e.g., new credit facilities and extensions and/or amendments to existing credit facilities).
• Completing annual/interim credit reviews. Credit reviews include industry and financial analysis comprising operating performance, cash flow, leverage, coverage, liquidity, capital-at-risk, and other regulatory capital calculations.
• Preparing presentation materials, financing proposals, and relationship profitability assessments, which involved liaising with other product and industry groups within the organization.
• Reviewing and assisting in the preparation of credit documentation (i.e., including applications, memoranda, presentations, credit agreements, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
• Performing other duties including industry and company-specific research, due diligence, as well as ad hoc projects.
- An undergraduate degree in business/accounting/finance.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- At least 2 years of previous corporate/investment banking or credit risk management experience.
- Experience in the metals and mining sector preferred.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills ideally with some form of relevant work experience.
- Knowledgeable of the principles of finance and the capital markets.
- Strong interest in finance and banking.
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Detail oriented and takes initiative.
- Highly motivated, fast learning, and able to work with limited supervision and adapt to the frequent market, systems, and process changes.
- Outgoing and personable; a team player able to work effectively in small groups.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.