ERP System AdministratorFull Time posted 2 weeks ago
Summary: Are you ready to steer the ship in optimizing our ERP system for seamless operations? Join our dynamic team, as an ERP System Administrator and play a pivotal role in ensuring our enterprise resource planning functions at its best.
- General IT support activities as part of the IT Department.
- Performs a wide range of system administration to ensure high uptime, availability, and performance of our ERP and EDI systems. Monitors and corrects issues, and ensures systems are operating properly. Interacts with other staff, users, and 3rd parties in order to address issues.
- Serves as Primary Contact for Epicor CMS vendor as well as other ERP-related vendors like IB.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of Epicor CMS and AS/400 operations, specifically in areas such as user on-boarding and off-boarding; menu security, master data management, inventory management, and shop floor reporting; continuously learn and develop CMS knowledge in other areas as well.
- Works with Epicor CMS Support Team for problem resolution, enhancement implementation, and application of CMS and OS/400 updates.
- Can provide training and mentorship for ERP users.
- Performs proper change management processes and maintains extensive documentation.
- Manages assigned Help Desk tickets and ensures tickets are assigned to other IT staff; while working on their works on own tickets; coordinates with other IT staff to ensure all tickets are addressed.
- Light programming support for WRKQRY, CL on the AS400 as well as some scripting, VBA, Excel tasks.
- Maintains high level of security and trustworthiness as the role will have access to data and information that is considered confidential (engineering design, product details & financial).
- Maintain documentation and contact information for applications supported by Magna, Cosma or 3rd party vendors; helps to maintain and support licensing data and documentation.
- Helps to setup and maintain P&F’s virtual server environment and access ERP-related VM’s.
- Supports general IT department procedures including but not limited to password resets, new user on-boarding and setup, inventory cycle counting, license auditing, software upgrades, testing and evaluation.
- Understands and complies with all Magna IT General Compliance procedures and policies. Works with IT staff to resolve and non-compliance issues that are identified.
- Ensures high level of quality, precision and diligence is executed in all solutions implemented.
- Participate in off-hours user and IT system support (i.e. after hours, weekends).
- As needed, performs general administrative tasks such as Active Directory password resets, printer support or other related duties as part of the IT support team.
- As needed, help with and provide support to the plant team for TS 16949 certification or other plant audits.
- Know and understand all Magna, Federal, Provincial/State and Local legislated duties.
- Know the operating instructions for all equipment and processes where you are assigned. Know the pre-start-up inspection process, hazards, protective measures, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, start and stop procedures and equipment limitations.
- Provide support and other duties as assigned by the IT Business Manager.
- Preferred Post-high school degree in information technology, systems administration or business systems or equivalent IT certifications.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in AS400 or ERP application server administration within an automotive manufacturing or warehousing environment (prefer Epicor CMS or others such as SAP or QAD).
- Minimum 2 of experience with EDI software, setup and administration of trading partners, document flow, 830/856, customer-specific requirements, barcode label design, implementation, and support.
- Experienced with IT Help Desk software and ticket management; demonstrates good customer service and timely ticket resolution.
- Can demonstrate a detailed functional knowledge of AS/400 and server-related technologies (ex. storage, CPU, network).
- Possesses a functional of operating systems (Microsoft Windows and Linux).
- Possesses a functional knowledge of computer networks and related technologies (DNS, routing).
- Proficient with SQL databases, ODBC connectivity, WRKQRY, STRPDM.
- Proven and demonstrated data analysis skills using tools such as MS-Excel, Power BI.
- Knowledge of and possess skills to support general IT hardware and software including but not limited to barcode label printers, RF guns, laser printers or thin clients would be an asset.
- Proficient in and able to support using Microsoft Office apps (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Able to assist with non-ERP IT support tasks such as Windows desktop issues, printing problems, password resets, software application issues.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English language both spoken & written.
- Excellent communication skills via telephone, email or other electronic correspondence.
- Excels at collaborating within a team environment.