Construction ManagerFull Time posted 2 months ago
Merit Services seeking an experienced Construction Manager for our client. The incumbent will also have experience working on alternative
forms of project delivery, such as design-build, public-private partnerships, and integrated project delivery. The successful candidate will
have the ability to provide support and mentoring to site teams.
- Assist with logistical planning and the development of the schedule during the pursuit phase.
- Provide constructability reviews of the design documents on design-build and IPD projects and assist with scope gap analysis.
- Work collaboratively with the preconstruction team to develop the project’s budget.
- Support the subcontracting process including initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed processes, and assisting with the development of subcontract scopes of work.
- Direct and approve the project site construction resources required (people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services).
- Ensure that Project Quality Risk Assessment is conducted for the project upon award of
the project contract.
- Oversee, manage, and coordinate the efforts of Field Supervision while ensuring Field Supervision is effectively planning their work and carrying out their plans.
- Monitor and control construction activities through effective communication with on-site superintendents to ensure the project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Ensure successful onboarding of new field supervisors while taking responsibility for the productivity of field teams.
- A Senior Superintendent or General Superintendent with a Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Journeyman Trade Certification.
- Gold Seal or Professional Engineering Designation is preferred.
- 10+ years of direct construction experience in a management role.
- Experience building Civil/Infrastructure Construction projects (i.e. Bridges, Rail/Transit, Water, or Wastewater).
- Ability to minimize risk and enhance company reputation when dealing with key stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite as well as scheduling and project management software.