Metals and Mining AssociateFull Time posted 2 months ago
Summary: your role as a Metals and Mining Associate will be crucial. Work alongside a proficient group to examine market patterns, assess mining initiatives, and plan for the most effective approach to extract resources. Utilize your skills and knowledge to lead our projects to achieve success, focusing on sustainable practices and achieving the best results in the industry. Come and join our efforts to create a significant and long-lasting influence in the metals and mining industry.
- Financial analysis, including building financial models and/or reviewing company-created financial models and performing debt-sizing analysis and downside sensitivities.
- Processing client requests (e.g., new credit facilities and extensions and/or amendments to existing credit facilities).
- Completing annual/interim credit reviews. Credit reviews include industry and financial analysis comprising operating performance, cash flow, leverage, coverage, and liquidity, as well as capital-at-risk and other regulatory capital calculations.
- Preparing presentation materials, financing proposals, and relationship profitability assessments, which involved liaising with other product and industry groups within the organization
- Reviewing and assisting in the preparation of credit documentation (i.e., including applications, memoranda, presentations, credit agreements, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Performing other duties including industry and company-specific research, due diligence, as well as ad hoc projects.
- An undergraduate degree in business/accounting/finance.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- At least 2 years of previous corporate/investment banking or credit risk management experience.
- Experience in the metals and mining sector is preferred.
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills ideally with some form of relevant work experience.
- Knowledgeable of the principles of finance and the capital markets.
- Strong interest in finance and banking.
- Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Detail-oriented and takes initiative.
- Highly motivated, fast learning, and able to work with limited supervision and adapt to the frequent market, systems, and process changes.
- Outgoing and personable; a team player able to work effectively in small groups.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.