Metals and Mining AssociateFull Time posted 7 months ago
‣ Financial analysis, including building financial models and/or reviewing company-created financial models and performing debt-sizing analysis and downside sensitivities.
‣ Processing client requests (e.g., new credit facilities and extensions and/or amendments to existing credit facilities).
‣ Completing annual/interim credit reviews. Credit reviews include industry and financial analysis comprising operating performance, cash flow, leverage, coverage, and liquidity, as well as capital-at-risk and other regulatory capital calculations.
‣ Preparing presentation materials, financing proposals, and relationship profitability assessments, which involved liaising with other product and industry groups within the organization
‣ Reviewing and assisting in the preparation of credit documentation (i.e., including applications, memoranda, presentations, credit agreements, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
‣ Performing other duties including industry and company-specific research, due diligence, as well as ad hoc projects.
‣ An undergraduate degree in business/accounting/finance.
‣ MBA or CFA preferred.
‣ At least 2 years of previous corporate/investment banking or credit risk management experience.
‣ Experience in the metals and mining sector is preferred.
‣ Strong financial analysis and modeling skills ideally with some form of relevant work experience.
‣ Knowledgeable of the principles of finance and the capital markets.
‣ Strong interest in finance and banking.
‣ Proficient in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
‣ Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential.
‣ Detail-oriented and takes initiative.
‣ Highly motivated, fast learning, and able to work with limited supervision and adapt to the frequent market, systems, and process changes.
‣ Outgoing and personable; a team player able to work effectively in small groups.
‣ Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.