Software Engineer, Capital MarketFull Time posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is seeking an experienced Software Engineer for our client. The chosen candidate will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting applications software that is produced on time and under budget.
- Closely collaborate with team members, business analysts, and clients to comprehend the needs of the business. Formulate, analyze and create of high-caliber technical solutions.
- Offers immediate coordination and support for the application when issues arise.
- Takes part in the analysis of high-complexity System Service Requests and production logs, determining the necessary steps for the deployment of new improvements to the field and the successful resolution of problem logs.
- Supports the test plan, test case validation, and test execution in Integrated System Test (IST).
- Offers the global FI REPO trading platform production support.
- Collaborate with other development teams during all stages of project activities and production support activities, including liaisons with external vendors, product users, operations personnel, technical support groups, and other development teams.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the financial sector (experience in recent capital markets is a huge bonus);
- Expert understanding of program design and the software development lifecycle;
- 2 to 5 years of hands-on expertise in full stack Java development.
- Excellent knowledge of coding principles and procedures; experience with popular programming languages such as Java1.8 and Spring Framework; familiarity with Unix tools, shell scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.); and knowledge of SQL queries, PL/SQL, and SQL Loader – or equivalent.
- Database expertise with Oracle/Sybase.
- Strong communication skills are necessary to deal with a varied set of personnel at various levels within the business.
- A strong feeling of accountability for system stability and capacity is also essential.