Gen Zers are slowly taking over the workforce. According to a study by the World Economic Forum, 27% of the workforce will be Gen Z by 2025. Born into the digital era with advanced technology, Gen Zs are fluid individuals with a penchant for a diverse workplace.
These independent digital nomads value transparency and a healthy work environment as much as they love money. So how can you tailor your recruiting strategies to onboard Gen Zs into your workforce successfully? Learn why altering your strategy to better fit a younger demographic is now more than necessary.
How to Attract and Hire Gen Z employees?
- Right Platforms: Given that Gen Zers frequently use social media, it is logical for you to invest a substantial amount of time in utilizing these platforms as a recruitment tool. Social media helps you connect with prospective candidates, gain insight into their identity, and engage individuals who may not be actively seeking employment. They have a higher social media presence than other age groups. Platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn will help you successfully promote employment opportunities and build relationships.
- Flexibility: Gen Z employees emphasize flexibility, particularly regarding remote work possibilities. The generation entered the workforce during the pandemic when most companies chose to be remote. Gen Z workforce is used to the remote setting and embraces the freedom that comes with it. Remote working is one of the best perks to attract and retain Gen Z employees.
What does Gen Z expect from their employers?
- Company Values and Workplace Culture: Work-life balance has become a crucial concern for Gen Z. The younger generation of professionals, place great importance on the overall atmosphere and morale of their workplace, making company culture and a positive work environment a top priority. Emphasize your business’s ethos and workforce atmosphere while recruiting to entice potential employees that align with your company’s values.
The Gen Z workforce is recognized for their strong sense of social responsibility and consciousness regarding the environment. Highlight your organization’s principles and dedication to the community in order to draw in Gen Z prospects. Your company can ensure employee well-being by offering various measures such as appointing a work-life coordinator, providing flexible work schedules, introducing mental wellness initiatives, allowing for telehealth support, granting vacation periods, and implementing employee assistance programs (EAPs).
- Professional Development: Generation Z is the most learned and is significantly less prone to participating in hazardous activities. They prioritize their psychological well-being and aim to excel academically and professionally. They expect their employers to give them personal and professional development access.
- Diversity: The members of this generation place great importance on a diverse workforce, significantly influencing their preferences. When it comes to accepting job offers, 86% of Gen Z job seekers consider a company’s dedication to diversity as a crucial factor. The members of this generation place great importance on diversity, which significantly influences their preference for the type of company they wish to work for.
How to Retain Gen Z in your Workforce?
All businesses must prioritize retaining their Gen Z employees in the workforce. To keep Gen Z workforce engaged, it is important to provide them with a well-defined career trajectory, frequent evaluations, cultivate an optimistic workplace culture, prioritize work-life equilibrium, and highlight the importance of community involvement. By putting these methods into action, employers have the ability to establish a work atmosphere that is attractive to Gen Z workers and enhances their long-term presence in the workforce. Employing these strategies can help organizations secure their prized Gen Z employees for an extended period.
Do you wish to employ talented individuals for your company? Merit Services can aid in discovering and identifying top-notch candidates suited for your organization. Get in touch with us now to discover more!