The decision to terminate an employee should only be made after all other options have failed to improve the employee’s performance. However once the choice to terminate has been made, we make sure to handle the situation professionally by following employment law for the employer as well as the employee.
Delaying or postponing the decision to dismiss an employee can be expensive for a company and can also demoralize and demotivate the affected individual, their coworkers and the organization as a whole. We at Merit Services support you:
1. in assessing the risk of termination
2. in coordination of outplacement services
3. by providing guidance throughout the termination process
4. by coordinating with the manager to conduct termination meetings
5. in choosing the right severance pay and determining whether the termination is with or without cause
6. in creating termination letter
7. in creating termination checklist
Hire With Merit
Tips for Employers
There are many advantages to outsourcing HR tasks such as our increased focus on strategy, improved compliance and accuracy, and a chance to leverage technology to streamline tasks and costs.
When providing a position you need filled, ensure your job position, details and all requirements are accurate. With accurate information we can provide you someone precisely to your needs.
If you are building a team, ensure you have some company goals and a plan for how to get there. When we know what your plan is and how you’d like to get there, our HR team can ensure we keep that in mind.