Warehouse SupervisorPermanent posted 3 months ago
INDUSTRY: Inventory & Logistics
Merit Services is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor for our client. The ideal candidate must have the ability to manage and coordinate a team.
• Supervise warehouse staff and daily activities.
• Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
• Managing, evaluating, and reporting on warehouse productivity and employee performance.
• Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials using the Purchase Order system.
• Implement and maintain sufficient inventories to meet the needs of the maintenance, facilities, and operations teams.
• Consistent review and optimization of functional warehouse processes and procedures.
• Maintain general housekeeping procedures and maintenance on all warehouse equipment.
• Support Material Crib replenishment and Warehouse operations..
• Assist in sourcing unique equipment.
• Maintain inventory audit program (cycle counts, yearend inventory count) and a product obsolescence plan, a quarterly review of non-moving inventory.
• Maintain an up-to-date SDS manual accessible to all warehouse personnel.
• Ensure proper labeling is affixed to dangerous goods.
• Maintain critical spare parts for various groups.
• Supervisory and training of warehouse personnel as required.
• Conduct regular safety meetings with staff that align with company standards.
• Purchasing and price checking on inventoried material.
• Maintain vendor relationships.
• Post-secondary education in inventory management, purchasing, and/or business is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of materials management experience in Computerized Maintenance.
• Management System (CMMS) or Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) preferred.
• Oil and Gas industry experience is an asset.
• Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft software applications and a Maintenance.
• Good internal customer network.
• Providing supervision to staff.
• Intermediate-advanced inventory management control skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Solid product knowledge.
• Ability to conduct procurement functions.
• Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo.
• Traffic and logistics capabilities.
• Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per our client’s Safety Policy.