Upstream Automation EngineerFull Time posted 3 months ago
Merit Services is seeking Upstream Automation Engineer to join our client’s dynamic team in Québec City. The role of an Upstream Automation Engineer involves designing, implementing, and maintaining automated systems and technologies in the upstream oil and gas production process. These professionals work to streamline and optimize various aspects of exploration, drilling, and production operations.
‣ Manage the upstream Rockwell (Logix) PLCs as well as manage Delta V recipes.
‣ Review control panel and IO wiring diagrams.
‣ Attend FATs, SATs, and review FS, SDS, and HDS. Also, attend SFAT for Delta software.
‣ Interface with all staff members – Process engineers, Ops, etc.
‣ University degree, or commensurate experience; Degrees in Engineering or Applied science, Biotechnology, Mechatronics, robotics, and Automation would be an asset.
‣ Minimum 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
‣ Experience with Automation, Delta V, and PLC is required for this role.
‣ Proven ability to analyze, identify, plan, and implement operational efficiencies by streamlining and harmonizing functional processes and systems.
‣ Solid business acumen with a continuous improvement mindset, challenging the status quo identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
‣ Excellent oral and written communication skills; communicate effectively to diverse stakeholders of all levels of the organization.
‣ Solid planning, project management, and organizational skills.
‣ Excellent attention to detail.
‣ Minimum B.Sc. in a relevant scientific or medical field (required)
‣ A degree in Pharmacy, Nursing, or a health-related field
‣ A Ph.D., Pharm D or M.Sc. in a relevant scientific or medical field
‣ Formal education or experience in pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs (preferred)
‣ Formal education, such as a Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs (preferred)