Supervisor Construction InspectionContract posted 2 months ago
Merit Services seeking an experienced Supervisor for our client. Successful candidates will be responsible for implementing, recommending, and supervising construction activities.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program-specific requirements.
- Supervises motivates, and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, and continuous learning, and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning, and reviewing of work. Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests.
- Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances, and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensures staffing requirements meet Division objectives, therefore, recommends hiring, laying off, and arranging for replacement staff due to the selection process.
- Participates in the hiring process of new staff including developing assessment criteria and processes.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Supervises staff in the delivery of the assigned program and is accountable for the operations of the unit, setting organizational performance and quality standards and expectations ensuring that assigned programs/projects conform with set standards.
- Supervises the provision of construction inspection services including direct inspection of City construction contracts.
- Supervises the oversight and inspection of 3rd party and external service providers construction activities.
- Supervises supports, develops, and motivates subordinates. Sets and manages performance expectations for staff. Ensures effective teamwork, high work quality, organizational performance standards, client service, continuous learning, and staff development.
- Graduate of Civil Engineering Technologist/Technician program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in the inspection of linear municipal infrastructure capital projects, such as roads, sewers, TTC tracks and water mains, including engineering materials, methods of construction, and contract administration.
- Experience training, motivating, leading and evaluating the performance of staff.
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Provincial Specifications (OPS) and/or City Standards and Specifications as related to municipal infrastructure and utility construction.
- Ability to handle day-to-day personnel and labor relations issues, as well as to supervise subordinates.
- Ability to promote and foster effective teamwork and establish excellence in a highly demanding, fast-paced and customer service oriented environment that has many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.