Structural Specialist, Wireless Network ConstructionPermanent posted 3 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Senior Manager for our client. The incumbent will be responsible for the structural integrity and maintenance work on Bell’s wireless network towers and related infrastructures. The chosen candidate will also manage all civil engineering activities related to space rentals on Bell’s structures and other carriers’ structures when Bell rents space on their structures.
• Coordinate with external engineering firms the preparation of construction drawings and structural analysis of existing tower sites.
• Manage deadlines, costs, and quality of the deliverables to the satisfaction of internal customers.
• Negotiate with engineering firms the costs related to structural analyzes and inspections by maximizing the services offered at the best price.
• Keep abreast of market prices and establish annual unit costs for the various services offered by the engineering firms to effectively control costs.
• Provide civil approvals for space rental on existing towers.
• Maintain a privileged business relationship with service providers.
• Manage engineering firms for post-construction inspections and as-built drawings
• Manage the maintenance inspections and repair work of the BCE tower pool in conformity to the CSA S37 standard.
• Establish standard design criteria for new towers.
• Collaborate with the preparation of construction standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• 3-5 years experience in telecommunication structures.
• Very good knowledge of Office software: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
• Strong team player.
• Leadership, autonomy, initiative, efficiency.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (French and English.)
• Very good time management skills.