Sr. Risk Services SpecialistFull Time Remote posted 7 months ago
Merit Services is seeking a professional with property and casualty mining experience. This role includes account engineering responsibilities. This is a work-from-home role that services customers within Canada and the US.
‣ Provide senior-level review and engineering analysis, review/assessment, and reporting for mining Operations and Projects: tailings dams, water management systems, waste rock piles, open pits, underground, etc.
‣ Perform Dam Safety Inspections/Evaluations
‣ Prepare reports and coordinate support activities
‣ Review site survey findings or desk review findings and prepare written assessment and recommendations
‣ Excellent oral and written communication skills
‣ Provide consulting services for Mining clients
‣ Provide training for internal/external Mining customers and/or business partners utilizing both in-person and utilizing digital technologies
‣ Develop presentations and effectively communicate information with individuals, small group situations, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
‣ Work independently as well as in a team setting
‣ Participate in Training programs to either cross-train and/or further professional/personal development i.e., property fire protection, machinery breakdown, Insurance Risk Management
‣ Manage account risk portfolio and provide account-level engineering to meet Insurance underwriting requirements.
‣ Developing and implementing customer service strategies that reduce loss and improve customer operations.
‣ Provide engineering support to the Insurance underwriting team by attending client and Insurance broker meetings.
‣ Monitor property & casualty mining account engineering services to ensure that delivery is proper, on time, and cost-effective.
‣ Perform field engineering assessments to evaluate property, casualty, and machinery breakdown exposures and controls at insured locations mainly in Canada and occasionally the USA
‣ Advanced consultative services to customers, including identifying exposures with significant loss potential, investigation of cause/effect of major losses, and management programs
‣ Assist in marketing Client’s risk transfer insurance products in conjunction with underwriting professionals and agents across company business segments.
‣ Bachelor’s Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area OR
‣ High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area Preferred:
‣ 12+ years experience in tailings dam design, safety and stability assessment, and related mine-site earthworks infrastructure.
‣ Geotechnical, Civil, Mining, or Geological Engineering degree + P. Eng designation
‣ A combination of on-site and consulting experience
‣ Must have strong written and verbal skills to prepare reports, and the ability to work and write fluently in both French and English, proficiency in Spanish & Portuguese would be an asset
‣ Experience in mine site seismic and/or Flood design is considered an asset.
‣ Extensive knowledge of environmental best practices, management systems, and monitoring requirements on operations and construction projects
‣ Solid geotechnical, including hydrology background
‣ Operations experience with respect to open pit, underground, and heap leach is considered an asset
‣ Outstanding collaborative skills
‣ A high degree of proficiency related to PC and Software or systems
‣ Familiar with North American Mining Acts
‣ Familiar with Mining safety management programs, machinery risk management, or Property Loss Prevention would be considered an asset Job Accountabilities