Sr. Risk Services Specialist, MiningRemote posted 2 weeks ago
Our client is seeking a senior risk engineering consultant with property and casualty mining experience. This role includes account engineering responsibilities. This is a remote role that services customers within Canada and the US.
- Provide senior-level review and engineering analysis, review/assessment, and reporting for mining Operations and Projects: tailings dams, water management systems, waste rock piles, open pits, underground, etc.
- Perform Dam Safety Inspections/Evaluations
- Prepare reports and coordinate support activities.
- Review site survey findings or desk review findings and prepare written assessment and recommendations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide consulting services for Mining clients.
- Provide training for internal/external Mining customers and/or business partners utilizing both in-person and utilizing digital technologies.
- Develop presentations and effectively communicate information with individuals, small group situations, customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to travel, mostly Canada, some USA and on occasion international travel will be required. Estimated 60% of Travel involved.
- Authorized to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship by Our client is required.
- Possess a Valid Class “G” driver’s license.
- Participate in Training programs to either cross-train and/or further
professional/personal development i.e., property fire protection, machinery breakdown,
Insurance Risk Management.
- Manage account risk portfolio and provide account level engineering to meet Insurance
- Developing and implementing customer service strategies that reduce loss and
improve customer operations.
- Provide engineering support to the Insurance underwriting team by attending client
and Insurance broker meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering area or High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Risk Engineering preferred.
- 12+ years’ experience in tailings dam design, safety and stability assessment, and
related mine-site earthworks infrastructure.
- Geotechnical, Civil, Mining, or Geological Engineering degree + P. Eng. designation and a combination of on-site and consulting experience.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills to prepare reports, and the ability to work
and write fluently in both French and English, proficiency in Spanish & Portuguese would
be an asset.
- Experience in mine site seismic and/or Flood design is considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental best practices, management systems, and monitoring requirements on operations and construction projects.
- Solid geotechnical, including hydrology background.
- Operations experience with respect to open pit, underground, and heap leach is
considered an asset.
- Outstanding collaborative skills.
- High degree of proficiency related to PC and Software or systems.
- Familiar with North American Mining Acts.
- Familiar with Mining safety management programs, machinery risk management, or Property Loss Prevention would be considered an asset Job Accountabilities.