Software Engineer I-MainframePermanent posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is seeking a Software Engineer for our client. The incumbent will focus on analytics, support, testing, and proof of concepts that are aligned with business and technological goals when developing components of solutions.
- Skills in coding, debugging, research, analysis, and problem-solving about system development.
- Exceptionally well-organized and driven, with the capacity to operate both individually and in teams, as well as with internal business and technology partners at all levels of the company.
- Under the relevant regulatory requirements for the position, must be qualified for employment.
- Either a technical certificate or an undergraduate degree.
- 3+ years’ experience designing or supporting pertinent mainframe applications.
- Significant mainframe expertise in the following.
- IMS DC/DB and/or DB2, VSAM, TSO, ISPF, COBOL, JCL.
- CA-7, Autosys, and AWF are a few examples of job scheduling software.
- Various types of source control: GIT, SCM, Endeavor, and SCM.
- Z/OS Connect, IDz, ZDT, ADDI, PD tool, and IMS Explorer for Development are examples of mainframe utilities.