Career Level Manager
Experience 4 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Merit Services is hiring Senior Staff Accountant for their client in Downtown Toronto. This is a full-time position available starting Immediately.
This role entails assisting with bookkeeping, payroll, managing banking and finance relationships, management reporting, government filings, and general business advice.
The team offers Notice to Reader (NTR) Financial Statements, corporate income tax preparation and filing, investment company bookkeeping, and T3s, T4s, and T5s. Responsibilities include:
- Bookkeeping including preparation of adjusting journal entries, preparation of bank reconciliations, calculation of depreciation, income tax accruals, and reconciliation of inter-company accounts.
- Assist on investment company engagements with a moderate level of complexity (dealing with portfolios, handling dividends, capital gains, and the corresponding T3 and T5 work).
- Preparation of client payroll using internet-based payroll service providers (Pay web, Ceridian, and ADP).
- Preparation of Notice to Reader financial statements.
- Preparation of tax returns (T1, T2 & T3) including tax and regulatory forms (T4, T5, HST, EHT & WSIB).
- Drafting correspondence related to client engagements.
- Coordinate with client to gather information and be available to answer questions.
- Must have 3-5+ years cumulative experience working in a Public Accounting
- Investment accounting bookkeeping.
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Word, and Excel, and highly computer literate overall.
- Knowledge of Caseware/Case view and Tax Preparation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are essential to this role.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure