Senior Policy AnalystContract Full Time posted 3 months ago
Merit Services is looking to hire a Senior Policy Analyst for its client in Ontario.
- Develops and implements work plans for program policy and strategies, ensuring strong linkages with other Branches and stakeholders.
- Develops program policies and implementation strategies for initiatives.
- Develops and executes program evaluations, managing both internal and external resources
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates social, economic, legislation and policies in a local and provincial context and evaluates applicability to the Department, clients, and community agencies, and identifies best practices for inclusion in Regional program proposals.
- Gathers and analyzes information and data on program and services-related issues; prepares presentations, impact and options analysis, environmental scans, and statistical reports; monitors and reviews data to identify trends and develop community and Branch strategies.
- Prepares updates, reports, and develops statements, program proposals and interpretation, background materials, briefing notes, and presentations required by Management and Senior Management on related policies, processes, programs, and special projects.
- Develops strategic linkages with provincial governments, sector organizations, community agencies, the private sector, and local/regional municipalities to share information and develop effective program policies and partnerships.
- Represents the Branch and Department on external task forces and committees with community agencies, federal, provincial, municipal/regional governments, and other stakeholders, as directed.
- Conducts stakeholder and community consultations with program users and community sectors and agencies and provide advice and guidance, as appropriate.
- Develops and implements and monitors corporate reporting mechanism and compliance monitoring framework for related programs.
- Works with Department management and Regional staff to support the meeting of compliance requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Planning or Social Sciences or a related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a municipal or provincial public policy development sector with responsibilities in leading complex project initiatives and program/policy development.
- Knowledge of the Department’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the community served, and client social issues.
- Knowledge of the human services sector, including current issues facing service providers
- Knowledge of provincial legislative, regulatory, and policy framework and ability to interpret and translate into policy and policy options for the Department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary social research and evaluation methods, including experience interpreting and reporting statistical, demographic, and socio-economic data, and writing detailed reports and proposals