Senior Structural EngineerFull Time posted 2 weeks ago
Summary: Are you an experienced Structural Engineer seeking fresh opportunities. Become a part of our team located in London, ON, and elevate your professional journey. As an experienced Structural Engineer, you will play a leading role in a dynamic environment, driving innovation and significantly influencing the future of architectural landscapes.
‣ Leads junior engineers and designers in the structural design of heavy industrial buildings, installations, and equipment.
‣ Oversees the design, engineering, development, and review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities, and assesses the feasibility of proposed plans, projects, and equipment.
‣ Participates in the planning and creation of drawings and designs involving detailed analysis and design of structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry, timber, and building systems.
‣ Determines structural specifications, materials, equipment, and scope. Investigates and resolves problems as they relate to structural engineering and creates unique designs and concepts to handle difficult engineering demands.
‣ Evaluate and review all engineering work before being released including designs, drawings, code, and integration with other disciplines.
‣ Ensures design compliance with relevant engineering standards and codes, as well as internal QA/QC procedures, for own work and work of the Structural Engineering Team
‣ Carries out structural audits, evaluates the condition of existing structures and assesses requirements for repair and rehabilitation.
‣ Conducts site visits and liaise with clients and site personnel as required.
‣ Delegates workload to subordinates determines priorities and provides advice and assistance as required. Develops technical expertise of assigned staff and assists personnel in other disciplines in achieving objectives.
‣ Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to our client’s company.
‣ Demonstrates commitment to the continued improvement of Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment
‣ The candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of structural design experience with a heavy industrial background
‣ Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (min. 5 years in North America)
‣ Must pose a thorough understanding of the first engineering principles, relevant codes and standards, and applications in the use of modern engineering
‣ Must have experience leading a team of engineers and designers
‣ Have intimate knowledge of the design process in a 3D environment
‣ Have strong oral and written English communication skills