Senior Engineer, Structuralposted 4 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Senior Engineer for one of our clients in Vaughan – they are a leading provider of mining services and solutions. The Senior Engineer, Structural is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, coordinating, and executing parts of the projects requiring the application of advanced technical knowledge and structural engineering experience. The Senior Engineer, Structural will direct, guide, and review the work of subordinates, and will provide advice and assistance to a multi-disciplinary workforce.
• Leads junior engineers and designers in the structural design of heavy industrial buildings, installations, and equipment.
• Oversees the design, engineering, development, and review of plans and criteria for a variety of activities, and assesses the feasibility of proposed plans, projects, and equipment.
• Participates in the planning and creation of drawings and designs involving detailed analysis and design of structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry, timber, and building systems.
• Determines structural specifications, materials, equipment, and scope. Investigates and resolves problems as they relate to structural engineering and creates unique designs and concepts to handle difficult engineering demands.
• Evaluates and reviews all engineering work before being released including designs, drawings, code, and integration with other disciplines.
• Ensures design compliance with relevant engineering standards and codes, as well as internal QA/QC procedures, for own work and work of the Structural Engineering Team.
• Carries out structural audits, evaluates the condition of existing structures, and assesses requirements for repair and rehabilitation. Conducts site visits and liaises with clients and site personnel as required.
• Delegates workload to subordinates, determines priorities and provides advice and assistance as required. Develops technical expertise of assigned staff and assists personnel in other disciplines in achieving objectives.
• Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to our client’s company.
• Demonstrates commitment to the continued improvement of Occupational Health, Safety, and Environment
• Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 7 years of structural design experience with a
heavy industrial background.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer (min. 5 years in North America).
- Must pose a thorough understanding of the first engineering principles, relevant codes and standards, and applications in the use of modern engineering.
- Must have experience leading a team of engineers and designers.
- Have intimate knowledge of the design process in a 3D environment.
- Have strong oral and written English communication skills.