Here at Merit Services, we are on the look out a Senior Electrical Engineer for our client. This Electrical Expert is one that could be involved in all aspects relating to the inception to conclusion of the project or may act as a technical support on a specialized design process. In addition, as a Senior Engineer, you should have the ability to work independently on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or Group Leader. If this sounds like you, apply now!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced in being able to asses the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and coordinate with a Project Manager to determine budgetting, staffing and resource requirements.
- Identifies and writes the scope of work for electrical design based on client meetings and review of assignment.
- Utilizes experince to prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Coordinates with code experts and other product design professionals when an interpretation to building codes is required.
- Dissemnates project responsibilities and reviews work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert Project Manager to revise the of scope work or resources
- Reviews contractor application for payments.
- Has a thorough understanding of the construction process.
- Ensures the coordination all aspects of project document completion internally and externally.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Maintains and fosters contacts with consultants, contractors, vendors, and material suppliers.
- Reinforce and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Support the education and development of design staff and act as a point of contact for design questions.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents and specialized drawings.
- Prepares and provides drawing for own designs and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Designer/Engineer.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum 8 years’ previous design experience. Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Nutraceutical or Life Science industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered Professional Engineer is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- Experience with design of building electrical systems, such as: building service, power distribution, generators, lighting, fire alarm, security and other low voltage systems is a must.
- Must also have a strong understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 70E, NFPA 72, IBC and other related building codes and standards.
- Experience with medium voltage systems, electrical hazardous classified areas, and telecommunications systems is a plus.