Position Summary: We are looking for a Senior Associate to provide technical support on audit and review engagements and various other client service engagements. This position is also responsible to supervise and train assurance staff.
- The planning and execution of fieldwork for audit and review engagements, including Completion of all planning documents, and the scheduling and leadership of the planning meeting
- Set and work within approved budgets and deadlines
- In conjunction with the manager/partner, devise an appropriate engagement program, including risk analysis, the calculation of materiality and appropriate procedures
- Preparing financial statements, including customizing note disclosure as required
- Recognition of accounting issues and working with manager/partner to devise appropriate work plan to address them
- Customization of client correspondence where appropriate, including management representation letters, legal letters, etc.
- Deliver completed file and financial statements to manager/partner for review
- Prepare/review corporate tax returns and related checklists. Recognize additional tax filings as required.
- Clear all review notes issued by manager/partner
- Obtain/maintain a strong understanding of clients’ business and respond promptly to and be proactive to anticipate client needs
- Train, supervise and evaluate staff and delegate work to them according to need
- Gain an appropriate level of tax knowledge, based on position
- Maintain knowledge of Canadian accounting standards and updates
- Pursuing or completing of the Canadian CPA designation
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a public accounting practice
- Experience working with mid-market entrepreneurial clients is preferred
- Solid knowledge of accounting software including Caseware/Case view; Tax Prep, MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Organizational skills for prioritizing demands, workflow and meet deadlines
- Must have a strong commitment to quality
- Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment