Sales and Marketing Co-op Opportunity at Merit Services-
At Merit Services we are hiring an energetic, dynamic, and ambitious intern who is willing to help us expand our clientele for our office in Waterloo. The suitable candidate is expected to bring in valuable experience and must have strong interest and knowledge in marketing. Candidates must be currently enrolled in any government funded college/university and may have co-op internships as a part of their program.
Full time- 08:30 AM- 04:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Part time- 08:30 AM- 04:30 PM, Any three days
Some of the responsibilities in this role are:
- Assist in the development of a growth strategy oriented to the company’s success in the staffing industry
- Assist with promotion of our staffing services through cold calling, job fairs presentations, social media, and website improvement
- Conduct initial research to identify new markets and customer needs and report to the manager.
- Assist with lead generation and closing deals.
- Assist with data maintenance
- Creation/edition of high-quality content (videos, photos, stories…) that could offer extra value to potential clients.
- Assist with ranking out website (SEO)
- Working on CRM software such as Hubspot.
- Assist with other day-to-day marketing activities.
- Desire to fulfill the organizational requirements, meet and exceed the recruitment and staffing needs through marketing platforms used in house.
About the requirements to succeed in this role:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- Knowledge of SEO is an asset
- Knowledge of CRM software such as hubspot would be an asset
- At least a year’s experience in Marketing and/or Social Media would be an asset
- Previous sales experience preferred (cold calling or similar would be an asset)
- Previous experience in human resources industry is an asset
- Demonstrate negotiating skills to establish new ventures in a cost-effective manner
- Proven ability to examine risks and seek potential for business opportunity
- Reliability, time management.
- Team player
- Able to create interesting content
- Should enjoy working and create a fun environment.
- Ability to think out of the box and challenge day to day operations to create better opportunities.
- Must be currently enrolled in bachelors or diploma majoring in marketing/digital marketing/media communications in a government funded college/university.