Job ID 13224
What we’re looking for
The Room Inspector serves as a supporting role to the housekeeping team. Reporting to the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, the Room Inspector is responsible for ensuring guest rooms are clean and maintained and ready for our Guest and Owners.
What you’ll do
- Professionally clean and maintain client’s properties using cleaning procedures and products in conformance with prescribed company standards
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and washing all surfaces
- Move all reasonably portable furniture in rooms to clean under and behind
- Assist with laundry as needed
- Create a welcoming environment for our guests and owners by ensuring homes are clean and cared for
- Identify and note any damages to homes. Create maintenance tickets as necessary
- Ensure the housekeeping staff follows through on assignments and provide guidance on work methods and routines such as follow the wall, standard unit of appearance, and reporting damage.
- Perform inspections of cleans completed by HousekeepersTouch-up cleans as needed
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with team members and management team Correspond on a regular basis with your local management team and team members
- Be available and willing to assist your colleagues and management team when necessary
- Provide cross-coverage for your manager and Co-Lead Housekeeper(s) when necessary
- Meet and maintain required Housekeeping metrics
- Replenish consumable items such as soaps and paper products
- Other responsibilities as assigned – because every day looks different
- Inspect the cleaning of guest rooms to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- perform deep cleaning inspections
- Work with and train room attendants to ensure daily tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Inspect housekeeping carts and closets to ensure that they are properly stocked.
- developing and training other housekeeping staff
- resolving guest complaints
- must possess excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- need to be able to multi-task, establish priorities and communicate well with others
Skills you’ll need
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Familiarity with cleaning products and equipment
- Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to give high priority to customer service
- Ability to receive, sort, and fold laundry.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
- Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
- Six months related housekeeping or building maintenance experience Reliable transportation
- Weekend availability
- Housekeeping experience, although we can teach you the client’s standard
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and lift over 20 pounds
- Comfortable working with computers and the Internet
What you’ll get:
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture
- Monetary value of benefits equals about $300 per month!
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings
- $21 CAD/hr
- $500 Retention Bonus