Research AssociatePermanent posted 1 month ago
INDUSTRY: Equity/Finance (Mining)
Our client is looking for a Research Associate. The Equity Research department covers over 900 stocks across diverse sectors and provides equity strategy, quantitative analysis, and portfolio management services to our clients. We are currently searching for an associate for our client’s equity research team focusing on Mining in our Toronto, Ontario office.
• A combination of exceptional financial modeling/accounting skills, technical knowledge, and strong written and verbal communication demonstrated through relevant work and educational experience is required.
• Although mining industry experience is not required, a demonstrated interest in mining is preferred.
• Candidates must have a clear and proven track record of achievement throughout their education and career.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• A keen interest in Equity Research and Mining.
• A positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, the ability to learn quickly, and strong attention to detail
• Superior work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to systematically manage a heavy workload and meet stringent deadlines.
• Flexibility to work irregular or extended hours.
• Solid technology skills with robust knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Bloomberg, FactSet Education Candidates should have a CPA/CA designation and/or an MBA/M. Fin degree with excellent grades.
• Candidates should also be enrolled in (or completed) the CFA Program. A mining background with real-world experience would be beneficial.
• The work environment involves collaboration, coordination, and a shared knowledge base with the analyst and the rest of the team.
• The associate role requires excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative/versatile team player.
• Daily writing of research reports and comments.
• Analysis of financial statements and press releases.
• Examination of industry databases and publications.
• Completion of extraordinary information and data requests.
• Creation and maintenance of detailed financial models.
• Communication of recommendations to internal and external clients.
• Participation in site visits and management meetings.