Registered Nurse – Post Anesthetic Care UnitContract posted 4 months ago
Merit Services is looking for an experienced and results-oriented Registered Nurse for our client. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care to meet the physical, psychological, and emotional needs of patients who have undergone surgical procedures.
- Providing high-quality nursing care to patients in the Post Anesthetic Care Unit/Regional Room.
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs and physiological responses to surgical procedures.
- Administering medications, intravenous therapy, and other treatments as prescribed and directed by physicians.
- Assessing patients’ pain, comfort, and levels of sedation and intervening as necessary.
- Providing education and counseling to patients and families on surgical procedures, postoperative care, and pain management.
- Recording all patient information and relevant nursing care per organizational policies and regulatory requirements.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the Post Anesthetic Care Unit/Regional Room or a related clinical environment.
- Sound knowledge of Post Anesthetic Care Unit/Regional Room procedures, protocols, and safety standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with patients, families, and the healthcare team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.