Job ID 14695
We are seeking a dynamic full-time Property Maintenance Coordinator to handle a mixed portfolio
of tasks within management, operation, and maintenance of Retail, Industrial, Office/ Medical
properties in the GTA and surrounding areas. The qualified candidate will be detailed oriented, able
to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and extremely professional and customer service oriented. This
position will report to the Operations Manager – Buildings.
- Receive, dispatch, schedule, and follow up landlord work orders related to tenant requests
and issues. The process starts with receiving phone calls from the tenant. Inputting the work request
into the system. Assigning the work order to a maintenance representative. Assist in
processing contractor service calls or material orders. Following up with Tenant on the progress of
the work completed through communication memos.
- Plan and manage preventive and condition-based maintenance for all assets across the
portfolio within the Property Management system (Yardi Voyageur and Facility Manager). This
includes but is not limited to the maintenance and inspection activities related to fire alarm
systems, emergency generators, mechanical heating/cooling, electrical distribution, etc. The task
will include developing tasks, assigning tasks to maintenance representative/contractor, and
following up on the completion of the work.
- Lead on development, implementation, and maintenance of document management system
(i.e. Yardi Sharepoint Integration) related to maintenance records.
- Act as the Health & Safety Coordinator as defined in the corporate Health & Safety Program.
- Manage and make current all property documents including O&M manuals and as-built
- Update asset tracking database with relevant changes or missing information.
- Plan and manage the tracking of energy efficiency and modeling of buildings for efficiency
goals and as required by Government programs such as EWRB.
- Plan and schedule the routine site inspections and contractor evaluations are completed by
the Maintenance Representatives.
- Support the Operations Manager in the following administrative duties:
- Preparation of purchase orders/contracts
- Processing of invoices
- Following up with contractors on outstanding documentation such as quotes, service
reports and invoices.
- Daily summary and reporting of all open work orders, purchase orders, and invoices.
- Participate in business analysis and modeling as assigned from time to time.
- Document and track a log of maintenance tools, equipment, and supplies including all health
& safety supplies.
- Document and track a log to control the storage and handling of access keys to the various
properties. This also includes the administration of the electronic access control system.
- Perform Maintenance Representative duties from time to time as a backup for
- Other special projects as assigned from time to time.
- This is predominantly an office-based support role to field operations.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, and provincial safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are reported and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure safety-minded perspective is incorporated into new building improvement designs and
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent
data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and work with management to initiate
an appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service
- Be able to work evenings and weekends as applicable.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday
and/or whenever present at the property.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
- Be proactive, assertive, and onerous of designated property assigned
- Complete assigned tasks as driven by deadlines
- Liaise with trades and contractors on repairs/services required for your designated properties.
- Technical aptitude and detailed understanding of building envelope, mechanical and
- Sound understanding of equipment maintenance theories and processes.
- Attendance is an imperative job function
- Drivers abstract required
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules
and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or
otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.