Project Manager – Construction
- Full Time
- View on Map
- posted 2 weeks ago
- Posted : September 12, 2022 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $110,000.00 - $120,000.00 / per year
- View(s) 373
Job ID 15041
‣ Manages and coordinates the work performed by consultants, contractors, and sub-trades to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and achievement of expected quality and workmanship.
‣ Develops, implements, and interprets construction contracts, procurement documents, specifications, and drawings, in concert with external consultants, Management, and regional support staff, e.g. Purchasing, Legal, and Risk Management.
‣ Develops project budgets, and schedules; controls expenditures, and procures goods and services with the approved authorization and in accordance with applicable by-laws; processes all applicable invoicing and progress draw certificates.
‣ Participates in the planning, development, and implementation of interdepartmental goals, objectives, and capital improvement and building revitalization programs and strategies.
‣ Establishes and maintains control of project elements, timelines, budgets and work structure accountabilities, building and fire code regulations, construction contracts including tendering processes, commissioning principles and practices of building services, and construction and maintenance processes.
‣ Ensures project management services adhere to and comply with all agency policies, procedures, directives, management orders, and policing standards.
‣ Ensures and enforces compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all other regulatory acts and standards consistent with the construction process and industry.
‣ Performs additional duties as assigned.
‣ A Community College Diploma in Construction Management, Project Management or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
‣ A minimum of seven years of project management experience in building construction services and processes
‣ Experience with new, large-scale institutional construction and have delivered projects using the Construction Management model (CCDC-5B).
‣ Demonstrated knowledge of related computer applications pertinent to the function Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, Provincial, and Municipal codes and regulations
‣ Working knowledge in specification preparation and service contract administration Demonstrated supervisory/leadership skills
‣ Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
‣ Demonstrated project management skills Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills Demonstrated written communication skills
‣ Demonstrated analytical, research, and problem-solving skills Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (Class G) with full driving privileges