Project Manager- Automotive Product developmentPermanent posted 2 months ago
Merit Services is looking for project managers for our clients who can support the design and development of the product from the original idea to the production release by cooperating with the departments housed at their facility.
- Create, direct, and execute project plans for new proposals and ongoing projects in coordination with leaders from across-functional departments.
- Manage resource allocation, make sure resources are accessible to support project activities, and coordinate with functional areas to make specific replacements are offered as needed.
- Risk planning and management are crucial to anticipating, escalating, and mitigating possible risks throughout the project.
- Report on program progress and highlight urgent problems.
- Develop resource plans to support new projects to enable flawless/successful product development by acting as the program’s primary point of contact with the customer.
- Assigned additional tasks and obligations.
- Degree in engineering or a comparable combination of education and expertise
- Experience in the auto business for at least eight years, with five or more of those years spent in program or project management, is a plus.
- It would be optimal if you had experience managing programs from conception to production release.
- Knowledge of mechatronic system development is a plus.
- The ability to comprehend and understand engineering drawings and standards is required. (applicable GD&T knowledge preferred)
- Strong organizational abilities are necessary. able to prioritize and handle conflicting demands; use rational problem-solving methods