Jr Project ManagerFull Time posted 5 months ago
Are you an ambitious and motivated individual seeking to begin your professional journey in project management. Join our team in Regina as a Junior Project Manager Specialist, and experience a supportive and cooperative workplace that offers ample opportunities for personal and professional growth. This is your chance to create a significant influence in the thrilling realm of projects and teams.
- Plans, supervises, and coordinates engineering design projects including the work of subcontractors on various projects.
- Works with the Project Engineer and Discipline Leads to identify and organize the project team and assign tasks toward project execution.
- Develops work breakdown structures, network diagrams, project schedules, and cost estimates.
- Identifies project risks and prioritizes risks that are likely to affect the project outcome and designs strategies to manage and mitigate those risks.
- Maintains daily log of project activities including engineering personnel and if assigned to a project site shall include all trades and number of personnel/trades, description of work, weather, and safety hazards or issues.
- Supports cost control, proper coding, and managing a project within budget.
- Prepares earned value analysis, and cost and schedule performance reports.
- Responsible for sharing information from the project owner to the team. Reports any challenges or issues with project plans and makes recommendations on program plans, objectives, priorities, and timing.
- Establishes with clients and team members appropriate procedures to capture and deal with changes in the original project plan
- Approves significant changes in specifications and plans, work techniques, and materials.
- Assesses work against standards, objectives, and specifications and suggests strategies to achieve project goals.
- Establishes effective working relations with engineers/specialists, associates, and officials in government and other associations on technical and project matters.
- Uses initiative and judgment in analyzing problems, selecting critical factors for investigation, deciding on the most effective approach, organizing, conducting investigations, and devising experiments to provide data or other information.
- Assists with the maintenance of safety on site, is responsible for the proper administration of construction contracts, and for ensuring all necessary permits and licenses are in place.
- Makes responsible decisions on all matters under the area of responsibility including the implementation of existing policies, the administration of budgets, and staff planning. Reviews and evaluates technical work. Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate staff and support to senior professionals.
- Post Secondary Diploma or Degree in Engineering or Business is required
- 2+ years experience as Project Coordinator / Project Manager in the Mining / Heavy Civil industry. PMP designation is beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is required to have a good knowledge of company organization, directives, programs, standards, and administrative procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and MS Project or Primavera P6) and computer applications for Engineering
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think critically and effectively problem solve under pressure
- Ability to multitask and manage performance with a fluctuating workload
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies and to work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a high-volume environment
- Excellent client service skills for both internal and external stakeholders
- Valid Driver’s License