Product Design Manager
- Full Time
- View on Map
- posted 2 months ago
- Posted : December 8, 2022 -Accepting applications
- Salary: $35.00 - $40.00 / per hour
- View(s) 668
Job ID 15731
Merit Services is seeking a Design Manager with a passion for finding solutions that allow customers to intuitively use our products. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer. You will work with other designers and cross-functional team members and will rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions.
- You will turn your insights into delightful products in a creative environment that requires proven leadership skills and the ability to execute a creative vision.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal design teams.
- Research and design a designated number of styles from concept to proto approval, managing up to the Design Director
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet changing.
- Work closely with product engineers to suggest improvements for products and processes.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
Knowledge and Skills Requirement:
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Work experience as a Product Designer or similar role
- Experience in industrial design
- Creativity in mixing up colors, shapes, and techniques
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) tools
- Computer Skills; including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign is essential
- Prior experience with Product Line Management (PLM) required