Personal Support WorkerFull Time posted 3 months ago
Merit Services is looking for a Personal Support Worker for our client. The candidate will provide personal care and support services to patients through their care plan and within an environment that promotes respect, dignity, and safety.
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living such as bathing, toileting, dressing, and grooming.
- Monitoring patients’ vital signs and reporting any changes to the nursing team.
- Assisting patients with mobility and transfers using appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Supporting patients with nutrition and hydration needs.
- Responding to patients’ care needs promptly and compassionately.
- Maintaining patient records and documentation by organizational policies and regulatory requirements.
- Communicating effectively with patients, family members, and other healthcare professionals.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Certificate or diploma in Personal Support Worker or related field.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic nursing skills and principles of infection control.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong observation and problem-solving skills.
- Empathetic and compassionate attitude towards patients and their families.
- Must be able to lift and move patients and equipment.
- Flexibility to work day, evening, and night shifts as required.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certifications are preferred.