Occupational Therapist – Medical/SurgicalPermanent posted 1 month ago
Merit Services seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist for our client. Successful candidates will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating occupational therapy programs to help patients achieve their career goals in the medical/surgical setting.
- Carry out a comprehensive assessment of occupational therapy to identify functional limitations, deficiencies, and barriers to the patient’s recovery.
- Work with healthcare teams to develop, implement and document patient-centered occupational therapy programs.
- Provides individual and group therapy sessions to help patients restore or improve functional movement, self-care, and activities of daily living.
- Educate patients and their families about the development of occupational therapy interventions and rehabilitation programs.
- Assess and document the effects of treatment and determine the need for additional treatment or discharge planning.
- Communicate treatment results and recommendations to other members of the healthcare team, including doctors, nurses, and physical therapists.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a medical/surgical setting.
- Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists.
- Excellent assessment and treatment skills, with demonstrated knowledge and experience in the principles and practices of occupational therapy in medical/surgical settings.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills, with the ability to interact with healthcare members and patients of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.