EngineerFull Time posted 7 months ago
Merit Services is currently looking for a Mining Engineer for a client in Alberta. The Mining Engineer is responsible for mine planning and design. The Mining Engineer will also support shaft configuration and shaft lining design on large shaft sinking mining projects.
- Participates in the design, evaluation, and support of underground mining projects.
- Conducts preliminary geomechanically and geotechnical calculations.
- Designs mine shafts and shaft lining for large shaft sinking projects
- Calculates and validates shaft lining.
- Calculates underground ventilation requirements
- Assists with determining safety issues regarding shaft stability
- Participates in the study, evaluation, specification, and design of mining projects.
- Assists with pre-feasibility and feasibility studies for mining operations and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Mining and/or Geology.
- Professional Engineer designation (P. Eng.).
- 3+ years of geotechnical and geomechanically engineering experience
- Experience with finite element analysis or equivalent.
- Experience in underground mining projects
- Experience with Mine Shaft Sinking.
- Understanding Engineering standards, regulations, and guidelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to coordinate and work with other engineering disciplines.
No external recruiters, please.