Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
Merit Services is looking for a client in Brampton (Bramlea/Steeles) in the food manufacturing industry.
As a Millwright, you must observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties safely and efficiently. This position also has a rotating shift work of 8.5 hours; day, afternoon, and night and/or assigned Saturday or Sunday as needed. If you have an experience certified Millwright with 3 or more years of experience, we invite you to join our team.
- A valid Ontario Millwright’s Certificate of Qualification.
- 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Has a diverse experience in welding (tig/arc), fabricating, troubleshooting, repair, rebuilding, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical work, and general facility maintenance.
- Reads and interprets drawings, circuit diagrams, and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
- Hands-on knowledge of pumps, conveyors, agitators, gearboxes, meat grinders, and compressors.
- Proven experience in operating a tow motor and aerial work platform (scissor lift).
- Firm knowledge and understanding of HACCP would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with a diverse group.
- Work in a physically demanding position requires lifting to 50 lbs.
- Work condition, hot/cold environment, slippery and wet floors, etc.
- Ability to work long hours, bending, climbing ladders, and work at heights.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak, read, and write English, and to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Understand the importance of taking on full responsibility for a work assignment.
- Perform daily housekeeping responsibilities following laid out food handling and safety procedures.
- Other safe duties as assigned.
- The hourly rate range shows the starting rate and the rate achieved after 1040 hours worked.
We will consider a 4th-year millwright apprentice with the right skills.