Job ID 15397
‣ Install and repair a variety of rotating equipment, including pumps, compressors, steam turbines, fans, blowers, gearboxes, etc.
‣ Troubleshoot equipment failures and repairs
‣ Implement preventative and predictive programs/assignments for mechanical systems
‣ Participate in failure analysis discussions
‣ Experienced using shop equipment including Lathes, Milling machines, and drill presses
‣ Maintain equipment histories as required
‣ Plan jobs, including assessment, selection of material, etc.
‣ Work effectively in a flexible team environment and communicate clearly with all others
‣ Assist other trades Maintenance Technicians as required Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
‣ Incumbents should have basic knowledge of all types of rotating and reciprocating equipment, including pumps, compressors, steam turbines, fans, blowers, gearboxes, etc.
‣ Previous experience in the trade in a related industrial setting would be an asset
‣ Certificate of Qualification for Millwright required
‣ Red Seal Certificate of Qualification is preferred
‣ Strong safety performance
‣ Strong analytical/troubleshooting/decision-making skills
‣ Good experience in operation of shop equipment including lathes, vertical milling machine, radial drill, balancing machine, and other shop tools and equipment as required
‣ Ability to repair equipment back to OEM standards
‣ Ability to work alone or as part of a flexible team
‣ Able to work with other trades
‣ Good housekeeping standards
‣ Planning/estimating experience
‣ Working knowledge of vibration analyzing equipment and laser alignment equipment is an asset.
‣ Knowledge of SAP a definite asset
‣ Computer literacy (MS Office, Windows)
‣ Knowledge of W.H.M.I.S. and OH&S regulations
‣ This job requires some heavy lifting, the use of ladders, and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers. This position requires the ability to work in a variety of different work environments both indoors and outdoors.
‣ Required to work in all temperatures and subject to varying weather conditions. May be exposed to dust, dirt, mud, water, petroleum products, etc.
‣ Work in high, precarious places up to 200ft.
‣ Outdoor duties under wet and/or humid conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions. Industrial environment, including, but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, steam lines, electricity, loud noise, vibrations, confined spaces, and rotating equipment.
‣ As a condition of employment, it is mandatory that the successful candidate complete all phases of the Performance-Based Progression program up to Technician 1 within specified timelines.
‣ Overtime is a requirement of this position.