Marketing & Communications ManagerFull Time Permanent Remote posted 6 months ago
‣ Set strategic objectives and create and manage plans and budgets for the department based on the organization’s priorities
‣ Work closely with the Partnerships team to help drive revenue and partner success through Marketing and Communications initiatives
‣ Continuously explore, recommend, use and optimize communication and marketing to engage with various audiences, stakeholders, and newsletter subscribers
‣ Lead, guide, coach, and empower the Marketing and Communications Coordinator
‣ Work seamlessly in tandem with all department leads on major projects
‣ Write, edit and distribute content for approval before all media releases surrounding
‣ Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to develop integrated communications plans, and execute and evaluate/measure the effectiveness
‣ Oversee media accreditation, media line layout, and photo pit placement for relevant events
‣ Identify, develop and present the key story components that will generate consumer media impact and propagate partnership stories for trade media impact
‣ Build and maintain strong relationships across the media landscape
‣ Research and stay on top of current trends in communications and public relations
‣ Innovate and lead how the organization adapts to a rapidly changing media environment, especially with a focus on digital/social nationally and globally
‣ Write and review all speaking notes for executives
‣ Review, edit and approve all external communications across the organization
‣ Develop and execute the organization’s marketing strategy
‣ Negotiate marketing and promotional partnerships with major national and regional digital, OOH, print, radio and TV media outlets and execute/service partnership deliverables associated
‣ Build and maintain strong relationships with promotional partners
‣ Integrate sponsors effectively into marketing plans and programs in collaboration with the partnerships team
‣ Lead our external photography team to ensure that all needs are met and captured throughout the year
‣ Collaborate with the Director, Creative Design on all marketing/branding pieces.
‣ Compile marketing/advertising metrics and analyze the performance of marketing campaigns
‣ Strong leadership, team-building and interpersonal skills.
‣ Ability to motivate others to align their efforts and strive for excellence
‣ Highly articulate with exceptional verbal, writing, editing, and presentation skills
‣ Detail oriented and efficiently organized
‣ Project management skills, including the ability to work independently and to manage team members in person and from away, and to simultaneously manage numerous critical projects and deadlines
‣ Determined, action-oriented on achieving goals
‣ Proficient in the use of data-driven insights to craft relevant communications that reflect customers’ preferences, priorities and aspirations.
‣ Familiarity with the principles and mechanics of effective public relations and media and the use of analytics to enhance marketing strategies.
‣ 4+ years’ experience in a Managerial Communications and/or Marketing role
‣ Relevant education in either Communications and/or Marketing
‣ French language is an asset
‣ Proficient with Google Suite and project management software.
‣ Proven knowledge of content management systems and media databases such as MailChimp, CISION, Meltwater
‣ 3 weeks’ vacation
‣ Flexible working locations
‣ Paid leaves (in addition to paid vacation)