Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Merit Services is hiring!
Our client in the e- payment industry is looking to fulfill the position of Manager- Risk and Compliance. The company is offering a competitive salary with health benefits and option of performance bonus
- 5+ years of experience is a requirement.
- Job role requires the employee to work full time at their head office, located in Vaughan.
- Remote work not available
- Reports to: EVP Anti-Fraud, Compliance & Operations
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all escalations from Sales, Merchants, and Bank Partners; provide directions while ensuring compliance with Credit Risk Policy and Risk Matrix Initiatives
- Reporting of KPIs & Metrics o Provide decisions and recommendations for more complex cases and manage staff in day-to-day operations. Act as mentor to staff o Monitoring Credit and Risk lifecycle of existing clients.
- Identify areas for process improvements. Develop, maintain and implement process solutions for the Credit, Risk, Settlement and Compliance teams
- Manage/identify merchant fraud including, contacting merchants if unusual situations/processing activity is identified and responding accordingly if further risk mitigation steps are required
- Manage, implement and monitor the Underwriting strategy as dictated by the company and the sponsor bank.
- Manage, implement and monitor the Chargeback process for new and existing merchants.
- Manage, implement and monitor the fraud detection strategy.
- Address merchant concerns and educate merchants on best practices with regards to card processing.
- Represent the company’s brand when speaking and working with merchants
- Ability to work and manage merchants’ issues and concerns
- Work closely with strategic business partners to manage the success of the Underwriting and Risk strategy.
- Manage compliance team and ensure all requirements required by Card Brand Schemes and our Sponsor Bank are satisfied.
- Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of product(s) and solution options.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures for both/either department and client enhancements.
- Understand and assess client needs, troubleshoot issues, quantify downstream impacts.
- Perform what-if analysis to explore impact of industry announcements.
- Keep management abreast of client developments.
- May interact with members of other LOBs.
- Research, champion, advocate and follow through on issues/questions.
- Make recommendations on new products and services dependent on client input and general industry observations.
- Prepare portfolio performance summaries for upper management.