Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Merit Services is hiring!
Our client in the e- payment industry is looking to fulfill the position of Manager- IT Systems Administrator. The company is offering a competitive salary with health benefits and option of performance bonus
5+ years of experience is a requirement.
- CISCO / MS Server / Red Hat / Linux certifications are favorable
- Manage installs, configuration and monitoring of servers
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to gather and validate support requirements
- Support company users with their use of applications such as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook. Web Browsers and file shares
- Support and maintain internal services (AD, DNS, DHCP, Network)
- Creating and supporting Bash and Python automation scripts
- Creating and deploying servers and its required services
- Perform daily system monitoring, including verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as backups
- Identify areas for process improvements
- Represent the company’s brand when speaking and working with merchants
- Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of product(s) and solution options.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures for both/either department and client enhancements.
- Understand and assess client needs, troubleshoot issues, quantify downstream impacts.
- Perform what-if analysis to explore impact of industry announcements.
- Keep management abreast of client developments.
- May interact with members of other LOBs.
- Research, champion, advocate and follow through on issues/questions.
- Make recommendations on new products and services dependent on client input and general industry observations.
Job role requires the employee to work full time at their head office, located in Vaughan.
Remote work not available
Reports to: EVP Technology
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
>irst line investigation, troubleshooting and resolving incidents, problems and updating tickets appropriately within defined service level agreements (SLA)
Analyze and resolve incidents in a timely manner to minimize downtime to all clients while coordinating and communicating with impacted stakeholders
Installing servers and configuring hardware, applications, services and storage in accordance with best practices and project/operational requirements
Installing new software releases, evaluating and installing patches
Documentation of standard operational procedures
Ability to create technical user manuals
Windows and Linux server administration