Legal and Regulatory Compliance InternInternship posted 5 months ago
Merit Services is looking to hire enthusiastic interns for its client.
- Gathers and analyses research data such as decisions, legal articles, codes and documents.
- Supports the development of tailored messaging, which may include writing, editing and distributing communications.
- Manages and monitors calendar of appointments and upcoming events.
- Coordinates and creates meeting agendas, and obtains and prepares briefing materials.
- Dispatches meeting invitations, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and requirements, including travel arrangements, in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation.
- Supports new committee and Board Members through orientation.
- Ensures processes for onboarding/ offboarding of legal counsel are executed efficiently.
- Responds to inquiries concerning corporate information, legal agreements and certain legal issues.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Handles sensitive/confidential Bank information while minimizing legal risk.
- Adheres to instructions, internal systems, processes & procedures to deliver timely, accurate and efficient services and support.
- Operates effectively in a high stress environment with constantly changing expectations.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.REQUIRED
- Post-secondary education and accreditation from recognized legal assistant training program or relevant experience in a legal function.
- Working knowledge of legal concepts, terminology and procedures and their applicability to the department or organization.
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Organization skills
- Collaboration & team skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills